oral exam guide questions on oriental philo 1
- What are the main periods in the development of Indian philosophy? Characterize the literature of each of these periods, and describe the main differences between periods.
- Discuss the primary concerns of the Upanishads.
- What is the meaning of the Indian teaching, Tat tvam asi?
- Discuss the seven (7) categories of reality formulated by Nyanya Vaseisika school, and describe each category.
- Discuss the concepts of Brahman and Atman and relate these concepts to the principle of Tat tvam asi.
- Discuss the three (3) criteria of philsophical reasoning and relate each to concerns of the Upanishads.